We offer visual awareness training that can be fitted to your group or organisation’s needs. We believe that for social inclusion to be truly embedded in our society, we need to open up several lines and paths of dialogue, discussions and activation.
This service is available to any organisation including small businesses, educational institutions and local authorities.
Taking part in this training will give the attendees a much greater awareness of the issues facing blind and visually impaired people and an improved understanding of how-to guide, assist, and support them. Our visually impaired partner trainers offer their lived experience that adds to the value and content of the sessions.
Depending on your requirements, training can be run as either half-day or full-day sessions.
Training will include:
- The nature of disability
- The different types of disability
- Understanding different eye conditions
- The emotional impact of sight loss
- Appreciate the experience of being visually impaired, and the barriers blind and partially sighted people face daily
- How to assist and guide a visually impaired or blind person
- Effective communication and appropriate language
- Advice on reasonable adjustments.
Contact us to discuss your requirements.